Monday, June 29, 2009

Reviewing June (Such a Roller Coaster Month)

THe good news is I did well at 25NL this month. In 6404 hands I ended up +$316.66. The bad news is that I made two unsuccessful shots at 50NL . After a total of 11513 hands I ended up with the following numbers:
BR: $988.83
Profit: +$62.18

So if you do math, you can see how POORLY I ran at 50NL. There was little to no change at all in the way I played at 50NL, but I did notice a few differences in the type of players I ran into. There were several instances when I'd end up getting called in 2-3 spots after attempting an iso raise. Then more often than not I'd miss the flop, and with 3-4 players going to the flop I'd either be forced to cbet into a few "willing callers" or not cbet at all. Another interesting fact that I just looked up is that I got KK 45 times this month, for a whopping +$2.97, lmfao. It's just really frustrating to not be able to win at all at 50NL, when my "reads"on the tables suggests that I should be winning more.

I am considering waiting till I have 25 buy-ins before moving back up to 50NL. This way when I get back up to 50NL I can afford to start slow and not worry about dropping down after 1 or 2 bad sessions. So my goal for next month is just to play solid poker at 25NL and build towards those 25 buy-ins.

1 comment:

KILLA CALI said...

Sup 6? Just now getting around to reviewing my old posts. M tourney isnt too bad actually a lot of old guys there and its definately full of regulars.Thats good because its a real friendly atmosphere but sometimes I feel they make take it easy on each other because they are friends. I played a sat a.m. tourney with Davy and my friend Rob. I was on 3 hour sleep with a monster hangover and finished in 19th. Davy finished low 30s and Rob finished 10. We all played smart and pretty tight for the first hour and the tourists weeded themselves out. Played again on a Sun a.m. tourney and made my 1st final table in only my 2nd attempt. Ending up finishing 7th, top 5 make the money. Actually learned a lot more. Played my style and stuck to the game plan and it played out pretty well. Basically although there are a lot of regulars who look like they play there everyday they dont really have much game. Most of them take a lot of chances especially when the pot odds are not in their favor so my 1 suggestion is when you definately think u have the best hand...get your money in the pot. I think I am going back on Sunday, July 5th. If you want to go let me know. They start at 10am but you usually have to sign in around 9am to get a seat.