Friday, August 1, 2008

Great session! even if I was an $85 loser...

You're probably like WTF? Well for those of you that take the game at least semi-seriously, let me explain. You remember the first time you learned about the proper starting hands to play, and how that was a major leap forward for your game. Well I once again had that type of experience. Last month I started tracking my stats and this is how I played:
VP$IP (voluntarily puts money in the pot): 12.41%
PFR (pre flop raise): 8.43%

So in short I was about a 12/8 player, which is pretty tight. I ended up breaking even last month. So after looking through numerous sources to better my game I learned that I should be about a 20/16 player in order to play optimally. Im not there yet, but I was a 16/12 player today, which is better than last month. So aside from running pretty bad today (I'll post one of my bad beats at the end), I've never felt so in control of my game, and I've never been able to read my opponents as well as I have today (special thanks to pokertracker HUD). I'm still not close to where I want to be, and I know there's major room for improvement, but it feels good to learn new concepts. Well here's the hand I promised:

Hand #7472339230 begins at 2008/08/01
Dealing down cards
Dealt to sixonenine [Ad Ac]
bonoMonsterK posts the small blind of $0.10
kalinmoon posts the big blind of $0.25
ThaWiscoKid raises to $0.50.
SuicideKing21 raises to $1.85.
yamchae folds.
sixonenine raises to $4.75.
bonoMonsterK folds.
kalinmoon folds.
ThaWiscoKid folds.
SuicideKing21 raises to $27.70, and is all-in.
sixonenine calls $17.40, and is all-in.
Dealing Flop [8h Qd 5s]
Dealing Turn [3h]
Dealing River [Kd]
SuicideKing21 shows [Ks Kh]
SuicideKing21 has Three of a Kind, KingsSuicideKing21 wins $42.90

No comments: